Can you deliver excellence with care?
If you are the kind of person that can think a little differently, work at the heart of a team, push for the best possible outcome in the right way and still come out smiling – then we'd love to hear from you. If you would like to join our talented team then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.Get in Touch
Fleet Maintenance Operative
An opportunity has arisen to expand the team with the addition of a Fleet Maintenance Operative. Working remotely across client sites, we need someone to support the Healthcare fleet and ensure company assets are kept to a high standard.
You will be responsible for carrying out basic maintenance, cleaning, service and repairs on the vehicle fleet within EMS Healthcare. Providing a mobile service for maintenance and repairs to the trailers.
Based: Field Based - National
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours of work: Nights
Fleet and Vehicle Work
- Carry out maintenance and preparation of the vehicle fleet at EMS Healthcare’s client location
- Maintain cleanliness of EMS fleet in accordance with policy and guidelines, including pole washing of vehicles on a scheduled frequency
- Basic vehicle maintenance & repair – electrical & mechanical
- Maintenance of air exchange systems, PAT Testing and ancillary equipment checks
- Complete body service on the vehicle, report defect and cost for repair
- Provide service visits for passenger lift, hydraulic systems and electrics
- Receive client calls and provide support / site visits as required
- Maintain inventory of vehicle load list and equipment
- Ensure stock of relevant service equipment
- Ordering stock as required
- Ensure EMS Healthcare assets are compliant with relevant legislation
- Ensure equipment is maintained and serviced as required
- Confident with mechanical and electrical systems and repairs
- Excellent practical skills and initiative should be reliable and have a flexible approach to working hours and location
- Attention to detail with to ensure a perfect finish product
- Good communicator and professional approach both internally and with clients, suppliers and the public
- Self-Motivated, pro-active and committed, to high standards and tight deadlines
- Flexible attitude to work – the ability to adapt to changing demands and situations
- Able to work away from home with unsocial hours. Overnight stays will be required.
- Listening skills – to fully understand the requirements of each job when verbally briefed
- Willing to learn and self-develop
- Pat Testing, Hydraulics and LOLER qualifications would be advantageous
- Full UK residency and hold a valid driving license and have suitable transport provisions (public transport is not recommended due to location of offices)
- Able to travel throughout the UK and Overseas
- Class 1 or 2 driving licence, and CPC card, would be advantageous
- Responsible for maintaining the presentation of the vehicles and their livery to the highest possible standard throughout the fleet.
- Complete all projects within the given deadline
- Prompt and accurate reporting of faults relating to the vehicles & buildings ensuring all servicing is undertaken within the required timescales
- At all times you must work within the guidelines set out in EMS’ ISO processes, Health and Safety procedures and Employee Handbook
- This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check which will disclose all cautions reprimands and warnings as well as convictions.
- Competitive Salary
- Internal and external training
- Van based role covering all client sites
- Healthcare cash plan scheme after 6 months of service
- 1-day extra holiday per year of service (up to 25 days pro rata)
- Employee of the Month incentives
- Free and secure onsite parking
- Social allowance for nights out
- Flexible working hours
To apply for the vacancy, please email email@example.com with your CV and she will be in touch soon.